Information regarding the coronavirus
The safety and wellbeing of our staff, students and visitors are our highest priority. IPPI actions in coronavirus crisis are divided to five categories. General rules and key parameters are as follow:
Education & Training
- Providing necessary platforms for online classes, meeting, thesis defenses and other activities.
- Opening the some dormitories in full compliance with health protocols.
- Providing the possibility for students to take a semester leave
- Canceling public activities
- Providing mask and disinfectant
- Daily temperature declaration
- IPPI library and other central services such as education office and international office have been opened and provided web-based services.
- Re-opening the laboratories and workshops in full compliance with health protocols for pursuing scientific and industrial projects.
- Providing safe condition for Post-Doc and research assistants for accomplishing their scientific activities.
Deputy of Technology has prioritized the projects related to this crisis and approved financial support to the following projects:
- Semi industrial production of Karbapol (active substance in the production of disinfectant gels)
- Semi industrial production of Ag nano particles based disinfectant materials
- Participation in the production of ventilators with a knowledge-based company from Tehran university
- Holding scientific webinars with the presence of prominent researchers
- Contacting IPPI international partners for pursuing international collaborations
Polymer Incubator Center
Polymer Incubator Center has also oriented its activities to fight against Corona virus and many efforts have been accomplished in the field of producing suitable products, including disposable hospital clothes, surgical masks and gloves, alcoholic and non-alcoholic disinfectant products etc.