The Central Laboratory of Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute is equipped with over eight million dollars worth of research facilities
and it is considered as the best and most effective polymer laboratory in the country and the region. The IPPI’s Central Laboratory has 13 specialized laboratories and workshops including the maintenance and service and the glass blowing.
1. Thermal Analysis Laboratory:
In this lab, the thermal behavior of polymers is studied under predetermined thermal program. Facilities at TA lab are as follows:
• Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC)
• Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA)
• Simultaneous Thermal Analyzer (STA)
• Thermo Mechanical Analyzer (TMA)
• Thermal Conductivity Measuring Equipment (TCA)
• HDT-VICAT Analyzer
2. Dynamic-Mechanical Analysis Laboratory
In DMA laboratory moduli and damping of polymeric materials (both depending on the viscoelastic properties) are studied. DMTA measurements can be performed in isothermal as well as non-isothermal conditions and under cyclic stress while a certified
frequency is applied. The test is carried out in different modes including single cantilever bending, dual cantilever bending, 3 point
bending, tension, shear and compression. The changes in the storage and loss moduli and damping factor (tan δ) are measured as a
function of time, frequency or temperature.
3. Spectroscopy Laboratory
In this laboratory the molecular structure and functional groups of polymers are investigated.
Laboratory equipments are as follows:
• Infra-red Spectrophotometer (FT-IR)
• Raman Spectrometer
• Elemental Analysis Instrument