Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute is a research organization which has been established to lead the Scientific activity towards the fundamental needs of the country and to utilize outcomes from research carried out in basic, applied and industrial project in all fields of polymer science and engineering, and to upgrade the development of polymer industry, also, to train man power required for the polymer industry in the country.
Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute conduct applied research on polymer science & technology. IPPI enjoys extensive research & testing facilities in various polymer fields unparalleled in the region.
IPPI with more than 110 research staff mostly at Ph.D. level provides services in the following research area:
· Faculty of Processing: Rubber, Plastic, Composite, color & Resin
· Faculty of Science: Polyurethane, Biopolymer, Science, Drug Delivery Systems.
· Faculty of Engineering : Polymerization Catalyst, Polymerization Engineering, Process modeling and Control
· Faculty of Petrochemical: Engineering Design and Contraction, Gas Conversion, Petrochemical Synthesis
There fore, in line with overall goals of the institute, the activity of office of industry and scientific center's coordination with objective to create coordination with other research institute and establishing link with various industries was defined.
Goals and Activities of Office of Industry and Scientific Center's.
In view of new strategy out be ministry of science research and technology, the office of coordination with industry pursue the following goals:
The Main Objectives & Activities of Industrial and Scientific Co-operation Management:
1. The identification of technical needs of the country’s polymer industry and the implementation of research programs, which would to serve, meet those needs.
2. Research and development in polymer science and technology filed with running research and industrial projects.
3. Setting up committee and conversation seminar with cooperation of industry and production centers, in order to identify industrial needs.
4. Studying of economical & Technical Consideration for lab. Scale projects.
5. Consulting & monitoring for technology transfer and know-how for product line
6. Offering technical and laboratory services for industrial and scientific centers.
7. Increase the level of knowledge among polymer industry employees with holding short-term and long-term training courses.
8. Establishing active and effective link with other supporting bodies and researchers.
9. Attain the necessary technical knowledge for the design, production, and implementation of polymer products.
10. Set schemes for standardization of polymer products.
11. Providing provision for procurement and execution of basic, and industrial research in various fields of polymer science and technology.
12. Studying and proposing methods for keeping the environment clean from harmful polymer by-products.
13. IPPI and other research industrial and economical centers relation improvement.
14. Consideration of project made from industry and other bodies to the institute and reflecting these project to faculties concern and also following up the
15. The creation data bank of scientific and technical information unit and the publication of results attained through research projects.
16. Establishing right environment for all academic staff to get involve in project which are required by the industry.
17. Reflecting the proposed project by academic staff to relevant industry and following up the progress made in this regard.
18. Acquiring information on various development in local industry and reflecting the news to academic staff.
Head of Department:
Faghihi, jalal (M, Sc), email@example.com
Jalayer, Bita(M, Sc), B.Jalayer@ippi.ac.ir
Khosrojerd , Marzieh , M.Khosrojerd@ippi.ac.ir
Contact: Industry Coordinator
Tel: +98 21 44787050 & 44787000-19
Fax: +98 21 44787161 – 44787021-23